Wednesday, April 22, 2009

An Elevator Pitch . . .

This may be Day #3 of the "Nacho Grandma's Quilts!!" blog, but it's Day #1 of the "31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge" (31DBBB) from ProBlogger.net.

Today's Task is to write an Elevator Pitch, an overview of my blog that can be delivered in 30 seconds or 100-150 words (the duration of an elevator ride). I thought long about my target audience; about how to stand out; and, about an intriguing question to ask.

Here goes:

What would you do with millions of quilt blocks made from a single set of templates?

Would you keep them, or give them away?

I have a growing collection of 4-patch and 9-patch quilt blocks made from a single set of templates (16,000,000 blocks, and counting). I have more quilt blocks than I could ever use.

So, I am giving them away.

This blog chronicles how these blocks came to be. It discusses the use of symmetry as a design tool, in a simple manner. It documents the creation of some quilts (some using the blocks I'm giving away, some not). It discusses color theory. It shows my construction techniques.

I invite you to join me on this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good, I would suggest using it in your About Me area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.creativityandmeaning.comMay 1, 2009 at 11:13 AM

    I really enjoyed not only your elevator pitch, I was intrigued and welcomed, but I am favorably surprised at you work- not my grandmom's quilting!

    ReplyDelete