Friday, August 14, 2009

Mardi Gras Men, a work-in-progress (after the fact)

Yesterday, Paula was surprised to learn that my "Mardi Gras Men" quilt was made from the set of design squares I gave away last weekend.

This brief post (the first in a series), will let you in on which arrangement of tiles I used.

Ready??

1M-4-1M-3-4M-3M-2-2M-1M . . .

I came upon this arrangement quite by accident. I shuffle my own set of tiles, much like playing cards, giving one half (or the other) a quarter turn before interleaving them together. Then, I deal 'em out, face up, one at a time.

I use Electric Quilt to make a block of the tiles, lay out a pattern of repeated blocks, and to play with coloring in the shapes.

More to come . . .


Thank you for reading, and please leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. AH HA! I knew you'd give up a few secrets. This is a very cool system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Secret?? . . . SECRET?? . . . "we don't need no stinkin' secrets!!"

    I just wanted to save Paula the headache/hassle/frustration of trying to analyze which rotations I used for "Mardi Gras Men" . . . (I'm sure she'd do the same for me, right Paula??)

    ReplyDelete