Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Winter Blues" part 3.0

Well, the pieces of my "Winter Blues" quilt sat on my worktable for too long . . . for far too long.

On Christmas Day, I started sewing . . . I decided I'd prefer to have this last project of 2009 done this year (what's left of it).

I need 168 squares for the quilt (and border) . . . as of this moment, I have 80 squares completed.

I WILL finish the top by the end of the week, and the end of the year (at least, that's my intention).

(Pics to come . . .)

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your progress. How did the holidays treat you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas Eve was busy: worked in the office till 2:00 p.m.; then sang (and read) Lessons and Carols at 4:00 p.m.; choir party at 6:00 p.m.; Eucharist at church at 11:00 p.m. . . . we got home at 1:00 a.m.

    Christmas Day was excellent!!

    We slept late (well, Ed did; I was up sewing by 8:30 a.m.) . . . we ate, sat around in our (thermal) underwear and bathrobes, and did nothing: no travelling, no gifting, nothing. We DID watch "Polar Express" though.

    For the New Year, we're staying home (below window level) . . . we may institute "Do Nothing Day" once a month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really fascinated by your process. I've been following the progression of this quilt and am in awe of how many pieces you cut out from the templates.

    I am in search of my tiles... I know they are around here somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to finish the squares for the body of the quilt in the next day (or two) . . . I'll post a pic of the squares before I start assembling them into their respective blocks.

    If you can't find your tiles, I'll gladly email you a new set (or two), LOL!!

    ReplyDelete