Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ketchup (or, Wow!! What a week!!)

Monday: I joined Facebook . . . I started with the people in my mailing lists who have Facebook profiles . . . then, I moved on to people with common friends . . . now, I'm being approached by people who I know (but haven't seen in awhile). I'm at 355 friends (with no end in sight). Monday night, I bought some more orange fabric for "Shaking the Winter Blues" (and now I need to buy some more yellow).

Tuesday: I took the day off so I could prepare for my lecture at Bits 'N' Pieces quilt guild. I spent the day stapling bundles of muslin foundations and gluing card stock templates to sandpaper. I packed the car, and picked up Ed after work, but had to make a stop before heading to the lecture because our new car was ready!! We now have an '09 Chevy Impala with 35,000 miles (and loving it). After signing the paperwork, we left the car on the lot (and picked it up after the lecture).

The lecture went well: there were about 90 people in attendance, and many of them told me how entertaining my talk was. One woman owns a quilt shop in Eureka, MO, and offered to sell me a copy of Electric Quilt 7 at a 30% discount if I plugged her shop in my blog: Susie Q Quilting, 131 S. Central Ave., Eureka, MO 63025 (636-587-2772). It'll be a couple of months before she'll have EQ7 in her shop.

Wednesday: My blog, Tessellation Nation, was chosen as "Website of the Week" by The Stitch-N-Frame Shop. Needless to say, the blog experienced the second highest number of views since it launched!! After work, Ed and I went to our usual microbrewery, Mattingly Brewing Co. to celebrate.

Thursday: Ed and I joined some of my fellow choristers for dinner at a posh French bistro for Dining out for Life. Restaurants throughout the city donate 25% of their proceeds to the St. Louis Effort for Aids.

Friday: At work, I was awarded a Justice Award from the Circuit Attorney's office to recognize my contributions to the office . . . I won't bore you with the details of their praise, but it involved taking on most of the work of my office-mate for several months while she recuperated from back surgery (and continuing the workload even after her return). There was a nice framed certificate, and a check for a couple hundred dollars!!

Saturday: This morning, Ed and I drove an hour west of St. Louis to have breakfast with my dad and brothers. Afterwards, we drove back to St. Louis to do our usual banking and shopping errands (I rewarded myself with a new mp3 player to download audiobooks). Late afternoon, we went to see The Clash of the Titans 3D. This evening, I downloaded my first audiobook, Under the Dome by Stephen King (over 34 hours of listening).

I'm tired . . .


As always, thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment and follow this blog!!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy. What color is the car? Thats the one detail you've failed to mention!!! But thats okay, you've been busy pimping yourself on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The car is white, with a gray interior . . .

    "Pimping" is hardly the word, LOL!! (I have a word in mind, but this IS a "G" rated blog!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award. That speaks volumes towards the amount of contributions you have made. I am fighting hard against joining Facebook - for the very reasons you mention. Not to mention the fact that all my relatives own Facebook accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you are a celebrity! Congrats and keep writing about your success. Greetings from Vienna! Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award and thanks for requesting me as a friend. I hace enjoyed seeing your blog, and please do visit mine. Your quilts are quite lovely!
    Micki
    In Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and I am reading like crazy to catch up!! LOL!! I love your quilts Mr Raymond!!! Beautiful new studio!! All that wonderful light!! Did you have more outlets put in yet?? You said there was only one! How did you like Stephen King's, Under the Dome? I just picked it up from the library!! It is the size of a dictionary LOL!! I love S King!! Well enough rambling!! Just wanted to say Hi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! And, a rambling "Hi!!" to you, too!! I'm glad you're here!!

    ReplyDelete